Join Behçet’s UK
Behçet’s UK (formerly Behçet’s Syndrome Society) exists to serve its members and is both strengthened and encouraged by members from all over the world.
Standard Members – For adults aged 25 and over there is a minimum annual subscription of £20. However, UK residents who are in receipt of state benefits may receive free membership.
Young Members – From 01/05/2020 adults aged 18-24 also qualify for free membership which offers the same benefits as standard members.
Junior Members – Under 18s are welcome to join as junior members however not all member benefits apply.
International Members – We welcome members from outside the UK however not all member benefits apply.
As well as supporting the fundamental ‘Aims of the Society’, your membership enables:
- You to receive four emailed copies of our new look Newsletter, which contains up-to-date patient information, details of drug trials, patient feedback and general information
- Patient’s carry card that will fit in your wallet with room to fill in your emergency contact and medication details
- Maintenance of our Helpline, an invaluable link for those newly diagnosed with Behçet’s or who have a particular question about the disease or the benefits available (UK residents only)
- Production of our information sheets and literature on all aspects of the disease
- Maintenance of this website
- Representation on the Behçet’s Forum, a vital link to consultants and specialists throughout the UK
- Representation at various groups that promote the cause of rare diseases
- Financial support of those unable to make ends meet as a direct result of Behçet’s (UK residents only)
- The right to attend our AGM, which includes a patients’ forum and the chance to meet prominent specialists in the Behçet’s field.
- If you have any difficulty with these forms please email email@example.com with your details, and we will get back to you.
Membership Subscription Fees
The Behcet’s UK membership year runs from 1 September to 31 August each year. If you join on or after 1 June you will receive 15 months membership for the price of 12 months.
Annual Subscription – pay a single annual membership subscription you will need to renew each year by 1 September.
Direct Debit Subscription – if you set up a direct debit your membership will automatically renew each year unless you advise otherwise. Payments can be set up as quarterly or annually
Payment methods can be updated during your membership.
Can you Gift Aid your membership fee?
If you’re a UK taxpayer you may be eligible to Gift Aid your membership fee. As a charity this means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give, so it really makes a big difference to us!
For more details on Gift Aid please read the full guidelines on the Gov.uk website.
Join by completing and submitting the form below.
After you have submitted your membership form you will need to follow the link below to our donation page to pay your annual membership subscription or set up a direct debit.