How to join Behçet’s UK
Behçet’s UK (formerly Behçet’s Syndrome Society) exists to serve its members and is both strengthened and encouraged by members from all over the world.
Membership is available to those in the UK and internationally who support the aims of the Society.
Standard Members – For adults aged 25 and over there is a minimum annual subscription of £20. However, UK residents who are in receipt of state benefits may receive free membership.
Young Members – From 01/05/2020 adults aged 18-24 also qualify for free membership which offers the same benefits as standard members.
Junior Members – Under 18s are welcome to join as junior members however not all member benefits apply.
International Members – We welcome members from outside the UK however not all member benefits apply.
After submitting this form you will be taken to our donation page to pay your subscription, please have your credit or debit card details to hand.
If you qualify for free membership your application to join is complete after submitting the form, you don’t need to complete the donation page.
As well as supporting the fundamental ‘Aims of the Society’, your membership enables:
- You to receive four emailed copies of our new look Newsletter, which contains up-to-date patient information, details of drug trials, patient feedback and general information
- Patient’s carry card that will fit in your wallet with room to fill in your emergency contact and medication details
- Maintenance of our Helpline, an invaluable link for those newly diagnosed with Behçet’s disease or who have a particular question about the disease or the benefits available (UK residents only)
- Production of our information sheets and literature on all aspects of the disease
- Maintenance of this website
- Representation on the Behçet’s Forum, a vital link to consultants and specialists throughout the UK
- Representation on various groups that promote the cause of rare diseases
- Financial support of those unable to make ends meet as a direct result of Behçet’s disease (UK residents only)
- The right to attend our AGM, which includes a patients’ forum and the chance to meet prominent specialists in the Behçet’s field.
- Access to our Facebook peer-to-peer support groups
If you have any difficulty with these forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, and we will get back to you.
Can you Gift Aid your membership fee?
If you’re a UK taxpayer you may be eligible to Gift Aid your membership fee. As a charity this means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give, so it really makes a big difference to us!
For more details on Gift Aid please read the full guidelines on the Gov.uk website.